It's easy to reset your Hotmail password if you've forgotten it. Maybe it's been too long since you last used your email and so you're having trouble remembering the password. Regardless of the reason for resetting your Hotmail password, you can use Outlook to do it.
How to Reset a Forgotten Live Mail Hotmail Account Password?
When you're on the Outlook login screen, all you have to do is follow the on-screen steps to choose a new password and get back into your mail. You have to use Outlook instead of Hotmail.com since the former is how you access Hotmail email—both @outlook accounts and @Hotmail accounts are accessed through Outlook.
Resetting a Hotmail password is just as easy as reset password Hotmail account: just follow the instructions to verify your identity and get a new email password.
1. Open Outlook in your web browser to find the sign-in page.
2. Enter your Hotmail email address and then click next.
3. On the password screen, click the Forgot my password link.
4. From the Why can't you sign in? Page, choose I forgot my password and then click next.
5. To recover your Hotmail password, verify your email address on the next screen and then type the characters you see in the image, followed by Next.
6. Regardless of what's on the Verify your identity page—since the options there depend on how you've set up security in your Hotmail account—choose Use a different verification option.
7. Choose an appropriate option from that list:
• The email option sends a password reset link to the email address on file. You have to enter the full address in order to use this method.
• The text option sends a text message to help you log in. Type the last four digits of your phone number to use it.
• Another option, if you've enabled it in the past, is to use the authenticator app to reset your password.
• Finally, if you don't have access to any of those reset methods, you can choose I don't have any of these.
• Choose Send code if you picked the email or text option, or click Next if you're using the app to reset your Hotmail password or if you don't have access to any of those methods.
8. Enter a new password into both fields provided on the website, and click Next to finish resetting your Hotmail password.
If you don't use your Hotmail account recovery very much anymore, and that's the reason you've forgotten the password, consider forwarding emails sent to that address to some other account that you do use and check often (like a Gmail or Yahoo account, or even another Outlook account).
Article Source: - Reset Hotmail password Or Change Microsoft password