he season. UP NEXT The two teams will meet ag

#1 by sakura698 , Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:50 am

LONDON -- Petra Kvitova beat fellow Czech left-hander Lucie Safarova 7-6 (6), 6-1 on Thursday to advance to the Wimbledon final and a chance to win her second title at the All England Club. Cheap Michael Jordan Jersey . Kvitova, the only player born in the 1990s to have won a major title -- here in 2011 -- improved her record to 25-5 on the Wimbledon grass and shes made at least the quarter-finals five years in a row. "I know how (it feels) when you hold the trophy so I really want to win my second title here and I will do everything I can," Kvitova said. She will play the winner of the later semifinal between French Open finalist and No. 3-seeded Simona Halep of Romania and Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que., the 13th-seeded player and only woman to have advanced to all three Grand Slam semifinals this year. It was the first Grand Slam semifinal between two Czech women. It marked No. 6-seeded Kvitovas 15th consecutive win against a left-hander and she beat 23rd-seeded Safarova -- who was playing on Centre Court for the first time -- for the sixth match in a row. "I dont have words to describe my feeling right now," Kvitova said. "It was a tough match mentally, as well, because Lucie is a good friend of mine. We know each (other) very well off the court and on the court, as well." Safarova, the oldest of the four semifinalists at 27, was broken in the first game, the final two points of the game coming with two Kvitova forehand winners to an open corner. But Safarova, who had only four unforced errors in the first set and seven for the match, broke back in the fourth game, and the two stayed on serve until the tiebreaker. With the score tied at 6-6 in the tiebreaker, Safarovas forehand error into the net gave Kvitova her second set point, and Kvitova converted it with a running cross-court winner, pumping her fist and yelling out. Kvitova broke Safarova, who beat five-time champion Venus Williams in the third round, in the second game of the second set on her third break-point chance, then consolidated it after two deuces in the next game to go up 3-0. She went ahead 4-1 after saving a break point in the fifth game, broke again in the sixth game and then held her serve at love in the final game. She set up match point with an ace and clinched it on a cross-court backhand in 1 hour, 20 minutes. Kvitova saved her best for last: up to 6-all in the tiebreaker, Safarova had won more total points, 40-39. From there, though, Kvitova won 31 of the last 48 points in the match. "I tried to be focused from the beginning of the second set when I won the tiebreak, and really I (broke) her when she was serving for the first time and I just kept it going," Kvitova said. Safarova was playing in her first major semifinal and had been 4-8 at Wimbledon in eight previous tournaments, never advancing beyond the third round. The men had the day off Thursday ahead of Fridays semifinals when seven-time champion Roger Federer plays Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., and top-seeded Novak Djokovic plays Bulgarias Grigor Dimitrov. The winners will play Sunday in the final. Wholesale Sports Jerseys . Or, for that matter, the aged. Authentic Michael Jordan Jersey . Off-season additions Jermain Defoe and Michael Bradley did not train with the club today, prompting Nelsen to declare its too early to tell if either will be ready for Saturday. https://www.sportsstarsjerseys.com/michael-jordan-jersey/ . The New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists detailed in a report how Russian and international journalists have been harassed and prevented from covering sensitive stories in Sochi such as the abuse of migrant workers and environmental issues. MIAMI -- The Washington Nationals have clinched a division title and are continuing to make a push toward home-field advantage for the playoffs. Adam LaRoche hit an early two-run homer to support Doug Fister and lead the NL-leading Washington Nationals to a 3-2 victory over the Miami Marlins on Friday night. Fister (15-6) allowed two runs and five hits in 6 2-3 innings for the Nationals, who have won six of seven. "Weve got some momentum, guys are playing well -- great defence behind us -- so that makes it a little bit easier," Fister said. "Were still staying focused and working together." The Nationals (89-64) lead the Dodgers (88-66) by 1 1-2 games for the best record in the league and are expected to get third baseman Ryan Zimmerman back from a hamstring injury for the stretch run. "Its nice, its what great seasons are all about, kind of peaking at the right time, getting healthy at the right time, and this last month and a half everyone is healthy and weve been playing good ball," said Nationals reliever Tyler Clippard, who pitched a scoreless eighth. Washingtons Denard Span had two hits and drove in a run for Washington. Justin Bour hit his first major league home run for the Marlins and two RBIs. "Obviously felt good to get that home run, its not as enjoyable as if we would have won, but its definitely very cool and Im excited that it happened," Bour said. "It took a little bit longer than I thought it would, but Im glad it did." Drew Storen pitched a clean ninth for his eighth save in 11 chances. LaRoche hit his 25th home run of Tom Koehler (9-10) in the first inning, a two-run drive in the upper deck to right field. "Those guys put the ball in the seats, thats what they do," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "You look in the middle of that order with four guys with 80 RBIs, those guys can do some damage." Bours RBI groundout scored Marcell Ozuna, who tripled to leadoff the second. The Nationals loaded the bases in the thiird inning after Span tripled and Koehler issued consecutive walks, but LaRoche struck out and Ian Desmond lined into an unassisted double play to second baseman Enrique Hernandez. Womens Tom Brady Jersey. Spans RBI single in the fourth extended the Nationals lead to 3-1. Bour pulled the Marlins to 3-2 with a homer to deep right-centre field. Koehler allowed three runs in five innings. "Any time you give them a two-point advantage before we even get started, its going to be tough," Koehler said. "Theres a reason why they are where they are." TRAINERS ROOM Nationals: Zimmerman (hamstring) played seven innings in an intrasquad game on Friday in Viera, going 3 for 8 with a home run. He could be reinstated from the disabled list over the weekend. "Hes sore right now, its like spring training," Williams said. "I dont think its hamstring sore, its just general body soreness." Marlins: RHP Jose Fernandez (Tommy John surgery) has been cleared to start throwing on Oct. 1. "I know hes really excited about it and we are too, so thats huge," Redmond said. ... RHP Bryan Morris (groin) has been shut down for the remainder of the season. UP NEXT The two teams will meet again on Saturday with Nationals RHP Jordan Zimmermann (12-5, 2.83) on the mound against Marlins RHP Jarred Cosart (4-2, 2.05). The Nationals have won the last nine starts pitched by Zimmermann, who is 6-0 with a 2.11 ERA during that span. Cosart will be looking for his 14th win of the season after going 9-7 with the Astros. BOUR GETS HOME RUN BALL Bours home run bounced off the seats in the upper deck and bounced back into play. Nationals right fielder Jayson Werth alertly picked up the ball and tossed it over the fence into the Marlins bullpen so Bour could have the keepsake. "Werth threw it over the bullpen for me so that was pretty cool," Bour said. LaROCHE REACHES PLATEAU LaRoche reached the 25-home run plateau for the sixth time in his career. His career-high is 33 set in 2012. 00:11ET 20-09-14 ' ' '

sakura698  
sakura698
Date registered 11.04.2019

a pitch. NOTES: Gonzalez said the team will have a better estima
an scored 18 goals and 22 assists in 81 games last season. F

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor