MONTREAL - There were no flashy new signings on the field as the Montreal Impact opened camp Monday. Vapormax Plus China Wholesale . But there was a new head coach in Frank Klopas, the former Chicago Fire boss who hopes to take the Impact further this season with mostly the same personnel. "I know the team from playing against them," said Klopas, who was hired Dec. 18 to replace Marco Schallibaum. "I knew I was coming to a team with a good foundation to build on." Missing from his first 90-minute workout on the indoor pitch at Marie Victorin College were Italian defender Alessandro Nesta, who has retired, and former captain Davy Arnaud, now with D.C. United. Midfielder Andres Romero was also absent, but only temporarily due to a visa problem. Reserve midfielder Andrea Pisanu was let go. What was really missing was the presence of any new talent to make up for the loss of two key veterans and to raise hopes the club may go farther than in 2013 when they squeaked into the playoffs in only their second Major League Soccer season. It was main rival, Toronto FC, that stole the off-season spotlight with big money signings — Tottenham forward Jermain Defoe and U.S. international midfielder Michael Bradley. In Montreal, management was quiet, although they hope to bring in two or three new faces before the season opens in March. "Great for Toronto and great for the league," said Impact midfielder Patrice Bernier. "They were talking about the league in a lot of places. "Its their eighth season so I guess for their ticket holders, they had to bring something. But now theres added-on pressure because theyre going to have eyes like L.A. and New York on them for pretty much the whole season. "But I concentrate on our team. Weve got pretty much the same team and I think the organization will be looking at bringing in that extra two or three players that can bring us across the edge so we have more depth and are strong all year long." For now, the Impact has only 22 roster players and one of them, Spanish defender Adrian Lopez, wont be ready until April after knee surgery. Returning starters include goalkeeper Troy Perkins, central defenders Matteo Ferrari and Nelson Rivas, fullbacks Jeb Brovsky and Hassoun Camara, midfielders Bernier, Hernan Bernardello, Justin Mapp, and Felipe Martins and striker Marco Di Vaio, a 20-goal scorer. Veteran goalie Evan Bush, midfielders Sanna Nyassi, Collen Warner and Blake Smith and forward Andrew Wenger are also back. Klopas said hell likely wait until after the first phase of camp to name a captain but is leaning toward assistants Bernier and Di Vaio. The 34-year-old Bernier, of Brossard, Que., would welcome wearing the armband. "It would be a logical next step, having been the assistant behind Davy," he said. "It would be great, coming from here, to have the captaincy and hopefully hold it for the rest of my career. "That would be a great ending." Its Berniers third season with the Impact and hes on his third head coach after Jesse Marsch led the way in the teams 2012 MLS expansion season before Schallibaum arrived last year. Camara goes one farther as he has been with the Impact five years, since before they were in MLS, and has had five different coaches. "Its part of the game," said Bernier, who spent most of his career in Europe. "This is may be my 15th coach in 13 years. Its something that happens. "The office realizes we needed someone to bring us to another level. The decisions been made and Im looking at 2014. I thank Marco for 2013. We had a good year." The Impact was the talk of MLS through the first half of 2013, and not just because Schallibaum got suspended four times for sideline tantrums. They were first in the league at mid-season and had won the Amway Canadian championship, although they crashed out in the first round of CONCACAF Champions League play. They faltered down the stretch and just made it into the fifth and final Eastern Conference playoff spot. They were dominated 3-0 by Houston in their only post-season game, which saw Di Vaio and Romero ejected for initiating a skirmish. Both will be suspended for the first three games of this season. Bernier liked what he saw of Klopas when he coached Chicago, particularly his ability to make in-game adjustments when his team was behind. The 47-year-old Klopas hopes to get Montreal to play sounder team defence and figures the Impact has enough up front to provide goals. Hes already had dinner and a chat with Di Vaio, who will turn 38 on July 15. "I hope to do well like I did last year," said Di Vaio. "I want to score goals. I dont know how many, but to score goals to help the team. "Last year we did better than the year before and this year we have to try to be better. Last year we did well up to the last 10 matches, so we have to find a way to keep it going and do well through the entire season." One newcomer was former OFI Crete defender Nikos Kounenakis, who has not officially signed as an assistant coach but is likely to do so soon. Klopas wants him to handle the defence. "Nick played at a high level, he has a UEFA Pro license, hes played in the back line and I think he can complement the coaches we have," said Klopas, also a former Greek league player. Also in camp are four players taken in the MLS SuperDraft, including first pick Eric Miller and forward and Edmonton native Jordan Ongaro. Three players from the Impacts under-23 squad were also invited. China Vans Shoes Wholesale . Green-Ellis was Cincinnatis leading rusher each of the last two seasons. His role was reduced last year when Giovani Bernard was added to the backfield. Green-Ellis ran for 756 yards and a career-low 3. Cheap Air Max 95 China . Lauzon rushed for 42 yards on 15 carries for the Vert et Or (2-3) while quarterback Jeremi Roch completed 19-of-32 passes for 251 yards and one interception. Alexandre Aube scored the other touchdown for Sherbrooke. http://www.fakeyeezyscheap.com/wholesale-balenciaga.html . The 18-year-old centre was the Senators first-round pick (17th overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. The six-foot 196-pound native of Salmon Arm, B. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jason Babin took a significant pay cut to stay in Jacksonville. But even at a reduced rate, the Jaguars couldnt envision him making the roster this fall. So the team released the veteran defensive end Thursday, parting ways with the 34-year-old pass-rusher for the second time in three months. "We feel that he still has some good games in him and some really good play in him," coach Gus Bradley said. "We were just juggling to try to find a way to get it done within our system. We felt like it was best to give him the opportunity to get out there and hook on with another team. I dont know if there ever is a right time or how to do it. We try to do the best we can, but when were dealing with a man like Jason Babin, that is tough on both sides." After signing former Seattle standout Chris Clemons in free agency and with the development of young pass-rushers Andre Branch, Ryan Davis and rookie Chris Smith, there was little room for the aging Babin on a rebuilding roster. "Thats just how the NFL works," said defensive tackle SenDerrick Marks, who also played with Babin in Tennessee. "You get used to a guy, you get comfortable, and you know that guy can still play. We know that Babs can still play. We saw him here in minicamp. But it also shows that weve got guys like Chris and Branch thats coming along and can also do that job. Its a younger league and thats what a lot of teams look for." Babin led the team with 7 1/2 sacks last season. He voided the final two years of his contract in March, hitting the free-agent market before the Jaguars cut him. He had been due to make $6 million in 2014. Jacksonvillee re-signed him for considerably less. Yeezy Boost China Cheap. But after watching the younger defensive ends during organized team activities and a three-day minicamp that ended Thursday -- and crunching the roster numbers -- the Jaguars felt it was best to part ways with Babin now. "It was shocking," said Davis, a second-year pro. "Jason was a key piece of this team, definitely helped this team in leadership. We were such a young team and he helped in the development of myself. I havent had a chance to talk with him yet, but obviously Jasons career speaks for itself. High production guy, and Im pretty sure hell land in a great predicament for himself and his family, so I wish him the best." The Jaguars claimed Babin off waivers from Philadelphia in November 2012, bringing in the two-time Pro Bowler in hopes of beefing up one of the leagues worst pass rushes. Babin finished with seven sacks in 2012, a year after totalling 18 in his first year with the Eagles. He signed a five-year, $28 million deal with Philly after going to his first Pro Bowl with Tennessee following the 2010 season. Although Babin showed burst at times in Jacksonville, he wasnt the consistent sack threat he once was. He also dealt with knee and groin injuries last year. "At the end of the day, its a business," Branch said. "This is the NFL. Were wishing him nothing but the best and support him in everything he does, but weve got to keep going. Weve got a long season ahead of us and weve got training camp coming, so weve just got to keep pushing. "Ive seen guys come and go. Its still the NFL. You never can be surprised with anything. Its a business, but weve got to keep going." ' ' '