Whoever plays better tactically has a better chance to w

#1 by sakura698 , Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:16 pm

VANCOUVER -- Victor Montagliani, president of the Canadian Soccer Association, says its misinformation and hyperbole to claim women players are being discriminated against because of plans to use artificial turf at next years FIFA Womens World Cup. Air Force 1 For Sale . FIFA, soccers world governing body, will make the final decision on what turf will be used during next years championship, which will be played in six Canadian cities, Montagliani said Thursday. But he took exception to comments contained in a letter that the CSA was involved in "discriminatory treatment of women players." "I will say that is the biggest form of misinformation I have ever heard in my life," Montagliani said in an address to the Vancouver Board of Trade. "Those of you who know me, know that there would be a few more adjectives before that." Later, addressing reporters, Montagliani again denied any sort of discrimination against women. "Thats nothing but misinformation and typical hyperbole that has no room in the game," he said. The World Cup will attract 23 nations plus host Canada. The competition will see 52 matches between June 6 and July 5. BC Place Stadium in Vancouver will be the site of nine matches, including the final. Other games will be held in Moncton, N.B., Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg and Edmonton. A group of 40 international women soccer players have threatened a lawsuit over the plan to use artificial turf at the stadiums. They argue female athletes are being discriminated against because the mens World Cup is played on natural grass. The group includes stars like American Abby Wambach and Germans Nadine Angerer, the World Player of the year. Artificial turf is harder and faster than grass. It also has been linked to an increase in injury. The group sent a letter to Canadian soccer officials and FIFA. "Singling out this womens tournament for substandard treatment is a mistake," the letter says. "If your organizations will not engage in a meaningful dialogue on how to correct the discriminatory treatment of women players, we are prepared to pursue legal action which we are confident should succeed." Celebrities such as actor Tom Hanks and NBA superstars Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant have lent their support to the women. Montagliani said the CSA currently spends just over $4 million a year on the womens program, about twice the amount spent on the mens program. "The reality is were very proud of the investment we make on the womens side of the game," he said. "We might be the only federation that invests more in the womens game than we do the mens game. "To say we are not pulling our weight in that respect is nothing further from the truth." Sophie Schmidt, a national team veteran and member of the squad that won a bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics, also spoke at the event but was careful in her comments when asked if organizers should be forced to use natural grass. "I will say Im pretty sure that every soccer player of any age wants to play on grass," she said. Montagliani couldnt say if it was even possible to install natural grass at the six stadiums in the time remaining before the tournament begins. "Im not a technician," he said. "Thats not my expertise. Those are things that are in the bailiwick of FIFA." Another issue would be who would pay for the cost of grass fields, the CSA or FIFA. "Those are discussions that would have to happen," Montagliani said. He denied the turf issue is a distraction. "Its not a distraction to us," Montagliani said. "As organizers we are doing our daily job. "Our staff is doing their daily job, our team is preparing for the World Cup." The CSA says hosting the World Cup and this years U-20 championship have a combined economic impact of $337 million across the country. The projections, compiled by the Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance, predict the World Cup will generate $267 million in economic activity. British Columbia can expect $52 million in economic impact, of which $37 million will be in Vancouver. Montagliani said the CSA is considering bidding for the 2026 mens World Cup. To be successful, the country would need eight venues to host games. "To say a country like Canada doesnt have the infrastructure to do that or to invest in that, I find that highly doubtful," he said. One stumbling block for bidding could be the Canadians mens team struggles to qualify for the World Cup. Montagliani said the CSA has a long-term strategy to make the mens program a contender. He also pointed to Qatar hosting the 2022 World Cup while taking a swipe at Brazils 7-1 loss to Germany in this years semifinal. "Qatar doesnt really have much of a mens team," he said. "I dont think Brazil actually had much of one either." Air Force 1 Replica . Behind the talents of rookie Johnny Gaudreau, the Flames will look to keep pace Thursday night when they face the Minnesota Wild in the second of a six-game homestand. Air Force 1 China .com) - Semyon Varlamov more than earned his third shutout of the season as he made a career-high 54 saves to lift the Colorado Avalanche to a 2-0 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday. https://www.cheapairforce1outlet.com/ . Lack replaced an injured Roberto Luongo late in the first period then watched defenceman Chris Tanev score the winning goal midway through the third as the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Jets 2-1 in a tight NHL game.HALIFAX - Canadas top mens tennis player says hes physically ready for this weekends crucial Davis Cup playoff against Colombia following a taxing run at the U.S. Open.Milos Raonic, who is currently the No. 6-ranked singles player in the world, is expected to lead Canadas push to remain part of the elite World Group beginning Friday in Halifax.Raonic will take to the court after his fourth-round exit last week in New York, losing a four hour 19 minute match in oppressive heat to tournament finalist Kei Nishikori of Japan.The bodys good Im just hungry to get back into competing, Raonic said at a news conference on Tuesday.Injuries to Raonic and teammate Vasek Pospisil contributed to Canadas 4-1 loss in Februarys first-round tie with Japan but Raonic said a lot has changed since the last time he wore the countrys colours in competition.Ive been able to keep getting better . . . and I just look forward to using this and ending the year on as strong a note as possible, he said.In addition to Raonic and Pospisil, the eighth-ranked Canadian team includes veterans Daniel Nestor and Frank Dancevic.Team captain Martin Laurendeau said he expects the favoured Canadians to encounter stiff opposition from the hungry Colombians who are ranked 26th in the wworld. Air Force 1 Fake. He said Colombia has depth in singles and features a good doubles team coming off a recent tournament win in Winston-Salem N.C.Theyre going to come after us and try to make their own history, said Laurendeau. Its going to be a very tough weekend of tennis.The Colombians feature Santiago Giraldo and Alejandro Falla and top 20 doubles pair Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah.Farah said there are few secrets between the teams because of the familiarity the players have developed as part of the pro tour.We already know the strengths and where the holes are, said Farah. Whoever plays better tactically has a better chance to win.The two sides havent played since a second round Americas Zone Group encounter won by Colombia in 2010, although Canada has a 5-4 overall advantage in head-to-head competition.Laurendeau said the Canadians are healthy and will be confident playing indoors at home after two consecutive Davis Cup ties on the road.Were playing under the conditions that suited us really well last year with the balls and court speed, so we feel good about our chances as a team this weekend, he said.Canada is looking to replicate last years successful Davis Cup campaign which saw the team reach the semifinals. ' ' '

sakura698  
sakura698
Date registered 11.04.2019

nt happen unless I start to get results. I have got to get results,
eless tobacco. "Anybody that thinks about it or wants to d

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor