in this world we live in today, unfortunately there are time

#1 by sakura698 , Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:25 pm

ST. Stitched Oilers Jerseys . LOUIS -- Jonathan Toews caught the St. Louis Blues defence napping after the Chicago Blackhawks got a lucky carom. Just like that, the puck was in the net and the defending Stanley Cup champions were in command of the first-round series. "I wasnt even sure where their D-men were," Toews said after scoring at 7:36 of overtime to give the Blackhawks a 3-2 victory Friday night and a 3-2 series lead. "Just got going as fast as I could. Take advantage of a chance." Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford stopped a shot by David Backes, defenceman Duncan Keith cleared the puck and the rebound deflected off Andrew Shaws shin pad all the way to the Chicago captain alone at centre ice off a change. Toews sped in with two defencemen in futile pursuit and threw a few fakes at goalie Ryan Miller before slipping a backhander into the net. "I was just saying to some of the guys in the other room, Im trying to get the puck out of the zone and all of a sudden it lands on his stick," Keith said. "Couldnt believe it. So, I was pretty happy seeing that." St. Louis defenceman Roman Polak saw Toews coming off the bench but reasoned that the Blues had control, so he left the ice about the same time Backes was shooting. Replacement Jay Bouwmeester never had a chance and Toews also got behind Jordan Leopold. "It was a lucky bounce or something," Polak said. "It was just a lucky bounce." Marian Hossa and Ben Smith also scored for the Blackhawks, who have won three in a row and can wrap up the first-round series at home Sunday. Four of the first five games in the series have gone to overtime. "I think we got lucky on that winning goal, but I dont think that at the end of the day we win because of luck," Keith said. "I think both teams have a lot of fire and grit and a lot of determination, and its a fine line between winning and losing. "Like Ive said a few times, were going to need our best game of the year our next game." T.J. Oshie and Alex Pietrangelo scored for the Blues. "Whats pouting going to do?" St. Louis forward Alexander Steen said. "You just get back on the horse. Its a game. You have to win four. They have three, we have two. Off to Chicago we go. See you there." All three of the Blues home games went to overtime and St. Louis won the first two. Before Toews scored, the top offensive threats in the series had been neutralized in Game 5. Patrick Kane and Toews combined for one assist in regulation and the Blues Vladimir Tarasenko, who entered with an NHL-leading four goals in the playoffs, was held to two shots. The first four goals came from players scoring for the first time in the series. Pietrangelo entered averaging more than 31 minutes in the series, most on either team, but has been a reluctant shooter with five shots in the first four games. His second career playoff goal came on a 2-on-1 break with Jaden Schwartz with the teams at 4-on-4 to tie it at 2 early in the third. Backes returned for the Blues while Blackhawks defenceman Brent Seabrook finished a three-game suspension from the illegal hit that knocked the St. Louis captain woozy in Game 2. But the Blues didnt make the most of that emotional lift early, getting their first scoring chance at about the 12-minute mark, totalling one shot on two early power plays and trailing 1-0 after the first. The Blackhawks started the scoring for the third straight game, capitalizing when Polak got caught pinching at the blue line. Bryan Bickell led a 2-on-1 break and Hossa tapped his own rebound into a wide open net at 16:11 of the first period. On his knees, Oshie lifted a backhander over Crawfords stick to tie it at 11:04 of the second period. Six minutes later, Smith tapped in a backhander after a St. Louis defender stopped Sheldon Brookbanks slap shot from the point. NOTES: All three games in St. Louis have attracted standing room crowds, with 19,796 showing up on a busy sports night downtown with the defending National League champion Cardinals playing the Pirates a few blocks east. ... Oshie totalled three shots and was minus-3 his first three games back from an illegal check to the head late in the regular season from Minnesotas Brian Rupp, who was suspended four games. Oshie said Thursday he might have returned a game too soon. ... Hossa entered second in the playoffs with 21 shots but was held to one assist the first four games. Custom Edmonton Oilers Jerseys . Browns owner Jimmy Haslam announced the move with Young on Monday during a speech at a Pro Football Hall of Fame luncheon. Edmonton Oilers Gear . He reps the 4-1-6The insecurity of Canadian basketball fans is not what it once was with the home grown talent making its way to the big leagues, but it is still nice to see the local kids remembering where they come from once they make their way south. https://www.cheapoilers.com/ . The D-Backs came into being in 1998 and appear destined to finish second in the AL West after the Tsunami that is the Los Angeles Dodgers swept over them. I thought it might be interesting to see what the D-backs have done over their 16 years compared to what the Blue Jays have done over their past 16 campaigns.PHILADELPHIA - The NHLs Olympic break is less than two weeks away but the threat of terrorism is keeping the situation volatile. After deputy commissioner Bill Daly said the league would consider pulling out of Sochi if something "significant" happens before players arrive, those set to participate are trying not to worry about that scenario. "Between the NHL and the NHLPA and the Olympic people, in communication obviously with the people in Russia, theyre going to advise us if we shouldnt go," Ken Holland of Canadas management team said Tuesday. "Im looking at the lead of the NHL. "Until they tell us were not going, Im going to Newark and going to jump on a plane and go to Sochi." A Hockey Canada spokesman said the organization had no official comment, adding nothing has changed about the situation. Charter planes are scheduled to leave for Sochi on Feb. 9, two days after the opening ceremony. Security concerns are keeping athletes on edge well before that, though Daly said in an email to the Associated Press he doesnt expect the plan to change. "Obviously, if something significant were to transpire between now and February 9 that causes us to question that conclusion, we will re-evaluate," Daly told the AP. Forward Tomas Tatar, who will represent Slovakia, read about that Tuesday morning before the Detroit Red Wings morning skate. "There would (have to) be a good reason if something happens before," Tatar said. "Obviously that would be not everythings OK there, so I would probably agree with the people here why we should go there if something is not good? Hopefully nothing will happen and I think everythings in good hands." Olympic teammate Andrej Meszaros, a defenceman for the Philadelphia Flyers, said that possibility is in the back of his mind even if he doesnt want it to be. "It would be disappointing, thats for sure, but safety first," Meszaros said. "Theres nothing you can do about it. "Unfortunately, the world is like it is with the threats and theres nothing you can do about it. People are (ticked) off. Well see what happens in the next few days." Mark Streit, who represented Switzerland in Salt Lake City in 2002, Turin in 2006 and Vancouver in 2010, is trying to keep his focus on the Flyers upcoming schedule and not the off-chance NHL players wont go to Sochi. ";The NHL will do what they think is the best for the players and for our safety and for the families safety," Streit said. Oilers Jerseys China. "Thats out of (our) control. Im not really worried about that." Jimmy Howard, whos expected to be the third U.S. goaltender, is more worried about bouncing back from another knee injury. He insisted hes not thinking about Olympic contingency plans or security concerns. "Im trying not to let that consume me,"Howard said. "I look at it as this could be possibly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. "Im hoping everything goes off without a hitch." U.S. forward James van Riemsdyk said after the Maple Leafs morning skate in Toronto on Tuesday he doesnt have any family members going and that its tough not to wonder about the safety of athletes in Sochi. "Theyve reassured us that theyre taking a lot of measures over there," van Riemsdyk said. "All the players want to play, thats not really the issue here. Safety is the No. 1 priority." Jakub Voracek of the Czech Republic is hoping the Russian government has spent enough money to keep everyone safe. "I think the security, its very tight there," the Flyers winger said. "Obviously its going to be a pain, probably, for the people that want to watch the games or something. But its what you got to do. "In todays world you never know what happens. You go into the mall right here and theres a shooting. You go to the movie theatre, you get shot. A lot of crazy people running around in the world today. Its not only in Russia. Youve got to make sure that the securitys very tight." While Howard hopes these are just "empty threats" against the Olympics, Holland recalled similar concerns going into Vancouver. Political concerns in that region of Russia have made this seem like a more dangerous situation. "I think in this world we live in today, unfortunately there are times that you always have concern," Holland said. "But you have to trust that the people that are in charge of security are going to be on top of things." The Players Association said in a statement "the NHLPA continues to be in contact with Olympic and security officials regarding plans for the Olympic Games in Sochi, and will work closely with all concerned to monitor matters in advance of and during the Games." ' ' '

sakura698  
sakura698
Date registered 11.04.2019

rsday afternoon. The current CBA expired Thursday at
ut of the blue for Garcia. Just two weeks ago,

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor