Going from employee to manager is like taking a quantum leap. Sometimes it's the most natural way to proceed forward Bobby Cox Womens Jersey , other times it takes time, patience and a good deal of planning.
Tip No. 1: Look forward.
There are many opportunities available to you, but you may not be able to see them. That's because opportunities normally aren't there unless you manufacture them. If you want to move into management you'll have to understand how you can better contribute to a company in a management role. Knowing yourself is the key here. You may be a whiz-kid in your department, but will you be a good manager? Your technical knowledge and expertise may win you that managing role, but is that what you really want?
Tip. No. 2: Understand the future.
What seems like a good place to be Dale Murphy Womens Jersey , may not be once you get there. The industry changes all the time and by the time you win your promotion you may find that the 'next big thing' has shifted and moved in another direction. To avoid missing the boat, research your industry, speak to managers, read the papers. Always stay on top of any new developments in your field of expertise. Figure out where the future lies and then strategize on how to achieve a promotion in that direction. You strategy may include more study or training. If so, there's no time to waste.
Tip No. 3: Build a people network.
Don't be shy. Talk to people. Management is 90% people-related. It's about communicating and building relationships. Talking also reveals how passionate you are about your job. In most cases Babe Ruth Womens Jersey , it isn't enough to just be good at your job. People need to know that you are good at your job and people need to like you being good at your job. And it's not just enough that your immediate boss likes you, but your boss's boss and other departmental bosses need to like you, too. To step up into management you need to have a reputation that precedes you. So, start talking.
Dakota Caudilla, journalist Darren O'Day Womens Jersey , and website builder Dakota Caudilla lives in Texas. He is the owner and co-editor of on which you will find a longer, more detailed version of this article.
Are Nomadic Web Workers Finally Settling Down With Rented Office Space? ECommerce Articles | September 27, 2007
Working from home, the corner coffee shop and crowded cafes just isn't cutting it any longer for some web workers. Some high profile very successful internet entrepreneurs are yearning for a more structured workspace where they can get more work done, meet with in-person clients Josh Donaldson Womens Jersey , and possibly socialize and collaborate with colleagues and potential clients. How do you know when it's time to rent office space?
Recently a friend of mine who is a very successful internet entrepreneur told me that he was investigating renting office space in downtown Denver at this cool collaborative co-working facility called "The Hive".
It made me wonder:
* Exactly what type of internet worker would really need to rent office space?
* Haven't we all been trying to get away from fluorescent lights and cubicles?
* Why not just work at home or at the cafe?
I had a few ideas about why an internet business owner with my friend's needs would want to work from a collaborative co-working facility, but this whole "virtual worker renting office space" phenomenon reached a new level when I learned that one of my clients was also doing the same thing. When I learned this I thought "Aha, I see a pattern here!"
Some high profile very successful internet entrepreneurs are yearning for a more structured workspace where they can get more work done, meet with in-person clients, and possibly socialize and collaborate with colleagues and potential clients. Working from home Brian McCann Womens Jersey , the corner coffee shop and crowded cafes just isn't cutting it any longer for some folks.
The big question is: What kind of virtual worker would need to rent office space?
Well, I think obviously this appeals to folks who are web workers, particularly those in the tech industry and creative fields--designers, probloggers, writers Dansby Swanson Womens Jersey , architects, developers, entrepreneurs, programmers, web media professionals and other tech-y Freddie Freeman Womens Jersey , artsy type jobs.
So, would it be worth it for you to try working outside the home? It depends--definitely working in rented office space around people instead of at your home or the neighborhood coffee shop might help you take your business up a notch if you fit certain criteria. You might want to rent office space in a co-working facility or regular office if:
* You can afford to pay rent on office space. (Duh, right?)
* You have disturbances at your home that prevent you from focusing on the work you need to do (think kids, roommates, super friendly neighbors and such)
* You sometimes meet with clients or colleagues in person and are tired of meeting in a crowded Hank Aaron Womens Jersey , noisy coffee shop
* You get lonely working from home all day and would like to work around people
* Perhaps your home is so small that you get "cabin fever" working in there and need some place out in open society where you can work
* You find the cafes and coffee shops too distracting and need a more controlled, quiet environment to get your best work done
* You like the idea of "going to work" and also "coming home from work" (working away from home sometimes helps us to not work so much all the time)
* Your line of work is such that working in a collabor. Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Online Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale Hats Wholesale Shirts China